Palo Santo Sacred Wood has traditionally been used to purify bacteria from the air and to clear any negative vibes in your space.
The smoke has both medicinal and therapeutic healing properties. Its name means ‘holy wood’ and comes from fallen trees that lie dead for a minimum of three years.
It’s during this ‘resting’ period that the natives believe the tree amplifies it’s spiritual energy.
Some uses for Palo Santo Wood Incense
- Clear the air in your home of bacteria and stagnant or negative energy. Start at your front door and walk around each room and space in your home. Let the smoke clear the negative energy for you. You could say an intention for the clearing as you do this.
- Or simply fill your home with blessings as you walk through each room.
- Before bed, to help you calm down from your day and to get ready for restorative sleep.
- Use the smoke if you have cold symptoms or have a headache. Palo Santo purifies bacteria from the air so use this whenever you have symptoms or feel a cold/flu coming on.
- Also great for instilling calm so useful with symptoms of stress, asthma, headaches, anxiety, depression, inflammation, emotional pain and more.
- Use Palo Santo wood smoke when you come home from public spaces. It will help you leave any unwanted energy behind you. When feeling stressed it can bring a sense of calm.
- se during reflective journaling or when working with your intentions.
- A wonderful tool before and during meditation.
Like to try it out? Click here to purchase from the shop. We also offer a protection myst which is ready for use and easy to carry with you if you wish.
How to get your Palo Santo Wood smoking
- You will be using the smoke so let the stick catch fire and allow it to burn for 30 seconds to a minute. You can quench the flame to use the smoke or allow the flame to burn itself out.
- Use the smoke to clean the air in your home. Start at your front door and walk around your home, into each room, to clear the air and get rid of any stuffy or negative vibes.
Or use it in the other ways listed above.
Palo Santo is a mystical tree native to the coast of South America and is related to Frankincense, Myrrh and Copal. Anima Mundi palo santo is 100% ethically harvested from Peru. They work directly with a small native family from the Lambayeque – Región Chiclayo in northern Peru. They ethically harvest from naturally fallen and aged trees (minimum of four years), while replanting in the wild. The family we work with have been stewards of this preserved land for generations, and have been caretaking these trees in a sacred manner for 100+ years.